I'm probably not a great reviewer of this TBH as I have only heard &
read about lucene-monitor/percolator; haven't used such a thing yet.

I did a *quick* review to see how the PR touches the codebase.  It's
wonderful that it is purely isolated; it requires no changes of Solr
itself.  I might argue why is it here vs the Solr sandbox or somewhere
else with publicity in http://solr.cool

The name "Monitor" sounds like an infrastructure monitoring feature.

p.s. I'm on vacation this week with minimal time to collaborate