Thanks for the update and willingness to help on this journey, Justin!
 Maybe an umbrella JIRA would make sense for tracking purposes, and
link child issues or do sub-tasks.  Perhaps the goal is "PRS enabled
by default".

I don't know if this thread is the best place to discuss it but having
the PRS znode be ephemeral would be really beneficial to dramatically
strengthen the goals of PRS by efficiently handling restarts.  No need
to mark a node's replicas as down!