fwiw, I'm pretty +1 on the idea.  I was a bit skeptical of these rules at the
start (concerns about the automated nature more than anything else), but
things seem to be going pretty well.

I'd like to see several people w/ large corpus publish their own similar
channels.  The "build it and they will come" aspect of sa-update didn't really
happen, unfortunately, so maybe helping to both create and then publish the
rules would be helpful. :)

Hrm.  I wonder if there'd be an easy way to automate publication for
developers.  Something like sandbox/user/channel, where updates are
automatically packaged and the channel updated.  (then we could do
something like user.updates.spamassassin.org)  Not sure about how to
deal with the signing of the tarball, but...

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
 Professor: Doomsday device? Ah, now the ball's in Farnsworth's