On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 09:52:25AM +0300, Henrik K wrote:

> The current (legacy) way that DecodeShortURLs works need to be changed.
> Calling got_hit() for random rules that are not defined, especially things
> like SHORT_C<SHORTENER>_C<CODE> should not be used.  One can't score them
> properly and it also breaks the upcoming meta-rule logic.  All of the checks
> need to have dedicated eval: rules.

Also I'm not sure what's the point of these rules

SHORT_URL_200
SHORT_URL_404

If there's multiple shorteners in a message, you might get both results or
maybe even neither.

Also at a quick glance, those cannot even hit if result is cached, since the
cache doesn't store return codes.  And stuff like $self->{short_url_chained}
isn't even reset, so it might keep hitting in new messages.  This module
needs a lot of extra love.