Github user tgravescs commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/33#issuecomment-36764964

    yes I haven't made that change yet. I should have a patch up in a few hours
with that changed.  I'm just doing some finally testing on it. I'm changing it
to pass the securityManager around (like in the servlets) and I'm changing it
to read from SparkConf.  I am only changing configs added by this PR.

    Note that some configs can't be set in sparkConf as they aren't really
shared with the SparkContext. Examples of this are the Yarn ApplicationMaster.
It can only get the SparkContext after its been instantiated which is to late
for many things.

    I think for things like SPARK_YARN_MODE we should file a separate jira to
handle since this really should have been done when sparkConf was added
originally,  as long as you are ok with that?

---
with INFRA.
---