Thanks, that's just what I needed to fix the problem!  Looks like it's singing
and dancing now ...

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Brown [mailto:p...@mult.ifario.us]
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2014 1:50 PM
To: dev@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark Streaming and Storehaus -- example?

I'd hazard that this is a generic issue.  The "store" is in the context of the
driver code, not the worker code, and that's why Spark is trying to send it off
to a worker for execution.  It's not serializable (and shouldn't be...), so
that fails.

Try making a Scala object that lives on the worker side (e.g., by static
initialization) and then access it that way.

—
p...@mult.ifario.us | Multifarious, Inc. | http://mult.ifario.us/