Hi,

Covariance always seems like a good idea at first but you must be really
careful as it always has unexpected consequences...
>From my experience, covariance often becomes a pain when dealing with
serialization/deserialization (I've experienced a few cases while
developing play-json & datomisca).
Moreover, if you have implicits, variance often becomes a headache...

I'm not against necessarily but my experience proved it wasn't always a so
good idea. The solution is to test in depth...

Pascal