Heya TD,

Thanks for the detailed answer! Much appreciated.

Regarding order among elements within an RDD, you're definitively right,
it'd kill the //ism and would require synchronization which is completely
avoided in distributed env.

That's why, I won't push this constraint to the RDDs themselves actually,
only the Space is something that *defines* ordered elements, and thus there
are two functions that will break the RDDs based on a given (extensible,
plugable) heuristic f.i.
Since the Space is rather decoupled from the data, thus the source and the
partitions, it's the responsibility of the CRRD implementation to dictate
how (if necessary) the elements should be sorted in the RDDs... which will
require some shuffles :-s -- Or the couple (source, space) is something
intrinsically ordered (like it is for DStream).

To be more concrete an RDD would be composed of un-ordered iterator of
millions of events for which all timestamps land into the same time
interval.

WDYT, would that makes sense?

thanks again for the answer!

greetz