Just noticed one thing: although --with-hive is deprecated by -Phive,
make-distribution.sh still relies on $SPARK_HIVE (which was controlled by
--with-hive) to determine whether to include datanucleus jar files. This
means we have to do something like SPARK_HIVE=true ./make-distribution.sh
... to enable Hive support. Otherwise datanucleus jars are not included in
lib/.

This issue is similar to SPARK-3234
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-3234>, both
SPARK_HADOOP_VERSION and SPARK_HIVE are controlled by some deprecated
command line options.
​