hi, Sandy Ryza:
     I believe It's you originally added the SPARK_CLASSPATH in core/pom.xml in
the org.scalatest section. Does this still needed in 1.1?
     I noticed this setting because when I looked into the unit-tests.log, It
shows something below:
> 14/09/24 23:57:19.246 WARN SparkConf:
> SPARK_CLASSPATH was detected (set to 'null').
> This is deprecated in Spark 1.0+.
>
> Please instead use:
>  - ./spark-submit with --driver-class-path to augment the driver classpath
>  - spark.executor.extraClassPath to augment the executor classpath
>
> 14/09/24 23:57:19.246 WARN SparkConf: Setting 'spark.executor.extraClassPath'
> to 'null' as a work-around.
> 14/09/24 23:57:19.247 WARN SparkConf: Setting 'spark.driver.extraClassPath'
> to 'null' as a work-around.

However I didn't set SPARK_CLASSPATH env variable. And looked into the
SparkConf.scala, If user actually set extraClassPath,  the SparkConf will throw
SparkException.
--
Ye Xianjin