I am seeing the same error as well since upgrading to Spark1.1:

14/09/26 15:35:05 ERROR executor.Executor: Exception in task 1032.0 in
stage 5.1 (TID 22449)
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: java.io.IOException: failed to
uncompress the chunk: PARSING_ERROR(2)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.io.Input.fill(Input.java:142)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.io.Input.require(Input.java:155)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.io.Input.readInt(Input.java:337)
        at
com.esotericsoftware.kryo.util.DefaultClassResolver.readClass(DefaultClassResolver.java:109)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readClass(Kryo.java:610)
        at com.esotericsoftware.kryo.Kryo.readClassAndObject(Kryo.java:721)
        at
org.apache.spark.serializer.KryoDeserializationStream.readObject(KryoSerializer.scala:133)
        at
org.apache.spark.serializer.DeserializationStream$$anon$1.getNext(Serializer.scala:133)
        at org.apache.spark.util.NextIterator.hasNext(NextIterator.scala:71)
        at
org.apache.spark.storage.BlockManager$LazyProxyIterator$1.hasNext(BlockManager.scala:1082)
        at scala.collection.Iterator$$anon$13.hasNext(Iterator.scala:371)
        at
org.apache.spark.util.CompletionIterator.hasNext(CompletionIterator.scala:30)
        at
org.apache.spark.InterruptibleIterator.hasNext(InterruptibleIterator.scala:39)

Out of 6000 tasks 5000 something finish fine, so I don't believe there are
any issues with the serialization and some other datasets everything works
fine. Also the same code, same dataset worked fine with Spark 1.0.2