Some form of graph querying support would be great to have. This can be a
great community project hosted outside of Spark initially, both due to the
maturity of the component itself as well as the maturity of query language
standards (there isn't really a dominant standard for graph ql).

One thing is that GraphX API will need to evolve and probably need to
provide more primitives in order to support the new ql implementation.
There might also be inherent mismatches in the way the external API is
defined vs what GraphX can support. We should discuss those on a
case-by-case basis.