Also, check the JNILoader output.

Remember, for netlib-java to use your system libblas all you need to do is
setup libblas.so.3 like any native application would expect.

I haven't ever used the cublas "real BLAS"  implementation, so I'd be
interested to hear about this. Do an 'ldd /usr/lib/libblas.so.3' to check
that all the runtime links are in order.

Btw, I have some DGEMM wrappers in my netlib-java performance module... and
I also planned to write more in MultiBLAS (until I mothballed the project
for the hardware to catch up, which is probably has and now I just need a
reason to look at it)