Hey Patrick,

Sorry for the delay, I was at Elastic{ON} last week and well, my day job has
been keeping me busy... I went ahead and opened a Jira feature request,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-6373. In it I reference a commit
I made in my fork which is a "rough" implementation, definitely still a WIP.
Would like to iterate the design if possible, as there are some performance
trade offs for using SSL for sure.. Zero copy will not be possible with SSL,
so there will definitely be a hit there.. That being said, for my use case,
which is health care related and involves processing personal health
information, I have no choice, as all data must be encrypted in transit and
at rest... Cheers!

Jeff

https://github.com/turp1twin/spark/commit/024b559f27945eb63068d1badf7f82e4e7c3621c