Hi all,

I am trying to make the new kafka and spark streaming integration work (direct
approach "no receivers"
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.3.0/streaming-kafka-integration.html>). I
have created an unit test where I configure and start both zookeeper and
kafka.

When I try to create the InputDStream using the createDirectStream method
of the KafkaUtils class I am getting the following error:

org.apache.spark.SparkException:* Couldn't find leader offsets for Set()*
org.apache.spark.SparkException: org.apache.spark.SparkException: Couldn't
find leader offsets for Set()
at
org.apache.spark.streaming.kafka.KafkaUtils$$anonfun$createDirectStream$2.apply(KafkaUtils.scala:413)

Following is the code that tries to create the DStream:

val messages: InputDStream[(String, String)] =
KafkaUtils.createDirectStream[String, String, StringDecoder, StringDecoder](
        ssc, kafkaParams, topics)

Does anyone faced this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,