Hi,

Implicit factorization is important for us since it drives recommendation
when modeling user click/no-click and also topic modeling to handle 0
counts in document x word matrices through NMF and Sparse Coding.

I am a bit confused on this code:

val c1 = alpha * math.abs(rating)
if (rating > 0) ls.add(srcFactor, (c1 + 1.0)/c1, c1)

When the alpha = 1.0 (high confidence) and rating is > 0 (true for word
counts), why this formula does not become same as explicit formula:

ls.add(srcFactor, rating, 1.0)

For modeling document, I believe implicit Y'Y needs to stay but we need
explicit ls.add(srcFactor, rating, 1.0)

I am understanding confidence code further. Please let me know if the idea
of mapping implicit to handle 0 counts in document word matrix makes sense.

Thanks.
Deb