Thanks Sean. Reason I asked this is, in Building Spark documentation of 1.4.1,
I still see this.

https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html
<https://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/building-spark.html>

Building Spark using Maven requires Maven 3.0.4 or newer and Java 6+.

But I noticed the following warnings from the build of Spark version
1.5.0-snapshot. So I was wondering if the changes you mentioned relate to newer
versions of Spark or for 1.4.1 version as well.

[WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireMavenVersion failed
with message:
Detected Maven Version: 3.2.5 is not in the allowed range 3.3.3.

[WARNING] Rule 1: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireJavaVersion failed
with message:
Detected JDK Version: 1.6.0-36 is not in the allowed range 1.7.

Guru Medasani
gdm...@gmail.com