On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Signatures, license, etc. look good. I'm getting some fairly
> consistent failures using Java 7 + Ubuntu 15 + "-Pyarn -Phive
> -Phive-thriftserver -Phadoop-2.6" -- does anyone else see these? they
> are likely just test problems, but worth asking. Stack traces are at
> the end.
>
> There are currently 79 issues targeted for 1.5.0, of which 19 are
> bugs, of which 1 is a blocker. (1032 have been resolved for 1.5.0.)
> That's significantly better than at the last release. I presume a lot
> of what's still targeted is not critical and can now be
> untargeted/retargeted.
>
> It occurs to me that the flurry of planning that took place at the
> start of the 1.5 QA cycle a few weeks ago was quite helpful, and is
> the kind of thing that would be even more useful at the start of a
> release cycle. So would be great to do this for 1.6 in a few weeks.
> Indeed there are already 267 issues targeted for 1.6.0 -- a decent
> roadmap already.
>

> Test failures:
>
> Core
>
> - Unpersisting TorrentBroadcast on executors and driver in distributed
> mode *** FAILED ***
>   java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Can't find 2 executors before
> 10000 milliseconds elapsed
>   at
> org.apache.spark.ui.jobs.JobProgressListener.waitUntilExecutorsUp(JobProgressListener.scala:561)
>   at
> org.apache.spark.broadcast.BroadcastSuite.testUnpersistBroadcast(BroadcastSuite.scala:313)
>   at org.apache.spark.broadcast.BroadcastSuite.org
> $apache$spark$broadcast$BroadcastSuite$$testUnpersistTorrentBroadcast(BroadcastSuite.scala:287)
>   at
> org.apache.spark.broadcast.BroadcastSuite$$anonfun$16.apply$mcV$sp(BroadcastSuite.scala:165)
>   at
> org.apache.spark.broadcast.BroadcastSuite$$anonfun$16.apply(BroadcastSuite.scala:165)
>   at
> org.apache.spark.broadcast.BroadcastSuite$$anonfun$16.apply(BroadcastSuite.scala:165)
>   at
> org.scalatest.Transformer$$anonfun$apply$1.apply$mcV$sp(Transformer.scala:22)
>   at org.scalatest.OutcomeOf$class.outcomeOf(OutcomeOf.scala:85)
>   at org.scalatest.OutcomeOf$.outcomeOf(OutcomeOf.scala:104)
>   at org.scalatest.Transformer.apply(Transformer.scala:22)
>
> Streaming
>
> - stop slow receiver gracefully *** FAILED ***
>   0 was not greater than 0 (StreamingContextSuite.scala:324)
>
> Kafka
>
> - offset recovery *** FAILED ***
>   The code passed to eventually never returned normally. Attempted 191
> times over 10.043196973 seconds. Last failure message:
> strings.forall({
>     ((elem: Any) => DirectKafkaStreamSuite.collectedData.contains(elem))
>   }) was false. (DirectKafkaStreamSuite.scala:249)

Hi Sean,

Were you able to resolve this ? I am trying it on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.3
LTS) and when building with a clean maven repo I am getting issues where it
can't find lib_managed/jar when trying to build the Launcher. But looks
like you went a bit further on this ?

Running org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite
Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 4, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.018 sec
<<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite
testDriverCmdBuilder(org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite)
Time elapsed: 0.005 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Library directory
'/home/lresende/dev/spark/source/releases/spark-1.5.0/lib_managed/jars'
does not exist.
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.CommandBuilderUtils.checkState(CommandBuilderUtils.java:249)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.AbstractCommandBuilder.buildClassPath(AbstractCommandBuilder.java:218)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.AbstractCommandBuilder.buildJavaCommand(AbstractCommandBuilder.java:115)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilder.buildSparkSubmitCommand(SparkSubmitCommandBuilder.java:196)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilder.buildCommand(SparkSubmitCommandBuilder.java:121)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite.testCmdBuilder(SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite.java:174)
    at
org.apache.spark.launcher.SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite.testDriverCmdBuilder(SparkSubmitCommandBuilderSuite.java:51)

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende