From: Madhu <ma...@madhu.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 12:14 PM
To: dev@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: spark-shell 1.5 doesn't seem to work in local mode

Thanks guys.

I do have HADOOP_INSTALL set, but Spark 1.4.1 did not seem to mind.
Seems like there's a difference in behavior between 1.5.0 and 1.4.1 for some
reason.

To the best of my knowledge, I just downloaded each tgz and untarred them in
/opt
I adjusted my PATH to point to one or the other, but that should be about
it.

Does 1.5.0 pick up HADOOP_INSTALL?
Wouldn't spark-shell --master local override that?
1.5 seemed to completely ignore --master local

-----
--
Madhu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/msiddalingaiah