On 24 Dec 2015, at 05:59, Nicholas Chammas
<nicholas.cham...@gmail.com<mailto:nicholas.cham...@gmail.com>> wrote:

FYI: I opened an INFRA ticket with questions about how best to use the Apache
mirror network.

Nick

not that likely to get an answer as it's really a support call, not a bug/task.
You never know though.

There's another way to get at binaries, which is check them out direct from SVN

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/

This is a direct view into how you release things in the ASF (you just create a
new dir under your project, copy the files and then do an svn commit; I believe
the replicated servers may just do svn update on their local cache.

there's no mirroring, if you install to lots of machines your download time
will be slow. You could automate it though, do something like D/L, upload to
your own bucket, do an s3 GET.