That's the just transform function in DataFrame

  /**
   * Concise syntax for chaining custom transformations.
   * {{{
   *   def featurize(ds: DataFrame) = ...
   *
   *   df
   *     .transform(featurize)
   *     .transform(...)
   * }}}
   * @since 1.6.0
   */
  def transform[U](t: DataFrame => DataFrame): DataFrame = t(this)

Note that while this is great for chaining, having *only* this leads to
pretty bad user experience, especially in interactive analysis when it is
not obvious what operations are available.