Hi,

I’m trying to do some dynamic scheduling by an external application by
looking at the jobs in a Spark framework.

I need the job description to know which kind of query I’m dealing with. The
problem is that the job description (set with: sparkCtx.setJobDescription)
but in case of a job with multiple stages, the job description is not seen
in the UI, and more importantly in my case, is not retrievable in the API
endpoint of `host:api/v1/application/x/jobs`

Is there a reason why the job description is not shown for non-finished,
multi-stage, jobs?

Further info: Spark 1.5.1, the jobs for now are sent ad-hoc through the
spark-shell.

Thanks,

Hans