Hi Al,

Spark 2.0 doesn't mean Spark 1.x will stop. Clearly, new features will go on Spark 2.0, but maintenance release can be performed on 1.x branch.

Regards
JB

On 03/24/2016 05:38 PM, Al Pivonka wrote:
As an end user (developer) and Cluster Admin.
I would have to agree with Koet.

To me the real question is timing,  current version is 1.6.1, the
question I have is how many more releases till 2.0 and what is the time
frame?

If you give people six to twelve months to plan and make sure they know
(paste it all over the web site) most can plan ahead.

Just my two pennies

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com