FWIW, here's what I do to look at JIRA's answer to this:

1) Go download http://almworks.com/jiraclient/overview.html
2) Set up a query for "target = 2.0.0 and status = Open, In Progress, Reopened"
3) Set up sub-queries for bugs vs non-bugs, and for critical, blocker and other

Right now there are 172 issues open for 2.0.0. 40 are bugs, 4 of which
are critical and 1 of which is a blocker. 9 non-bugs are blockers, 5
critical.

JIRA info is inevitably noisy, but now is a good time to make this
info meaningful so we have some shared reference about the short-term
plan.

What I suggest we do now is ...

a) un-target anything that wasn't targeted to 2.0.0 by a committer
b) committers un-target or re-target anything they know isn't that
important for 2.0.0 (thanks jkbradley)
c) focus on bugs > features, high priority > low priority this week
d) see where we are next week, repeat

I suggest we simply have "no blockers" as an exit criteria, with a
strong pref for "no critical bugs either".

It's a major release, so taking a little extra time to get it all done
comfortably is both possible and unusually important. A couple weeks
indeed might be realistic for an RC, but it really depends on burndown
more than anything.