Hi, All.

I want to propose the followings.

- Turn on Travis CI for Apache Spark PR queue.
- Recommend this for contributors, too

Currently, Spark provides Travis CI configuration file to help contributors
check Scala/Java style conformance and JDK7/8 compilation easily during
their preparing pull requests. Please note that it's only about static
analysis.

- For Oracle JDK7, mvn -DskipTests install and run `dev/lint-java`.
- For Oracle JDK7, mvn -DskipTests install and run `dev/lint-java`.
Scalastyle is included in the step 'mvn install', too.

Yep, if you turn on your Travis CI configuration, you can already see the
results on your branches before making PR. I wrote this email to prevent
more failures proactively and community-widely.

For stability, I have been monitoring that for two weeks. It detects the
failures or recovery on JDK7 builds or Java linter on Spark master branch
correctly. The only exceptional case I observed rarely is `timeout` failure
due to hangs of maven. But, as we know, it's happen in our Jenkins
SparkPullRequestBuilder, too. I think we can ignore that.

I'm sure that this will save much more community's efforts on the static
errors by preventing them at the very early stage. But, there might be
another reason not to do this. I'm wondering about your thoughts.

I can make a Apache INFRA Jira issue for this if there is some consensus.

Warmly,
Dongjoon.