Hello Richard,

Looks like the Dataset is Dataset[(Int, Int)]. I guess for the case of
"ds.joinWith(other, expr, Outer).map({ case (t, u) => (Option(t),
Option(u)) })". We are trying to use null to create a "(Int, Int)" and
somehow it ended up with a tuple2 having default values.

Can you create a jira? We will investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Yin