I run into this very strange issue. After loading parquet tables and trying
to run an sql query with the sql module the results are not correct with
Spark 2.0 although over the same exactly dataset Spark 1.6 results are
correct. With Textfiles however both versions of Spark work as expected. I
haven't noticed something strange in the command log stages, tasks and
shuffle data are almost the same. How can I debug the query execution to
find out why some columns in the result are null or why the resultset is
empty? Could this be related to datatype casting that is required in Spark
2.0 queries?

Thank you in advance