From: Srikanth Sampath <ssampath.apa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 5:24 am
Subject: Re: Assembly build on spark 2.0.0
To: Radoslaw Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>
Cc:  <dev@spark.apache.org>

Hi,Thanks Radek.  However mvn package does not build the uber jar.  I am
looking for an uber jar and not a distribution.  I have seen references to the
uber jar here What I see in the spark 2.0 codeline (assembly/pom.xml) builds a
distribution. I

    <profile>

      <id>bigtop-dist</id>

      <!-- This profile uses the assembly plugin to create a special "dist"
package for BigTop

           that contains Spark but not the Hadoop JARs it depends on. -->

      <build>

        <plugins>

          <plugin>

            <executions>

              <execution>

                <id>dist</id>

                <phase>package</phase>

                <goals>

                  <goal>single</goal>

                </goals>

                <configuration>

                  <descriptors>

                    <descriptor>src/main/assembly/assembly.xml</descriptor>

                  </descriptors>

                </configuration>

              </execution>

            </executions>

          </plugin>

...        </plugins>

      </build>

    </profile>

In src/main/assembly/assembly.xml we see

<assembly>

  <id>dist</id>

  <formats>

    <format>tar.gz</format>

    <format>dir</format>

  </formats>

  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM, Radoslaw Gruchalski <ra...@gruchalski.com>