What kind of partitioning are you exploring?  GraphX actually has some built in
partitioning algorithms but if you are interested in spectral or hierarchical
methods you might want to look at Metis/Zoltan?   There was some interest in
integrating Metis style algorithms in Spark (GraphX or GraphFrames) so you may
consider porting those algorithms.  As far as dynamic graphs go, there is an
ongoing effort at Berkeley to study dynamic graphs in Spark. I have cc’ed one
of the key graduate students in that effort.  I hope that helps.

Good Luck!
Joey