Nitin,

I am getting the similar issues using Spark 2.0.1 and Kafka 0.10. I have to
jobs, one that uses a Kafka stream and one that uses just the KafkaRDD.

With the KafkaRDD, I continually get the "Failed to get records". I have
adjusted the polling with `spark.streaming.kafka.consumer.poll.ms` and the
size of records with Kafka's `max.poll.records`. Even when it gets records
it is extremely slow.

When working with multiple KafkaRDDs in parallel I get the dreaded
`ConcurrentModificationException`. The Spark logic is supposed to use a
CachedKafkaConsumer based on the topic and partition. This is supposed to
guarantee thread safety, but I continually get this error along with the
polling timeout.

Has anyone else tried to use Spark 2 with Kafka 0.10 and had any success. At
this point it is completely useless in my experience. With Spark 1.6 and
Kafka 0.8.x, I never had these problems.