(If you have a template for these emails, maybe update it to use https
links. They work for apache.org domains. After all we are asking people to
verify the integrity of release artifacts, so it might as well be secure.)

(Also the new archives use .tar.gz instead of .tgz like the others. No big
deal, my OCD eye just noticed it.)

I don't see an Apache license / notice for the Pyspark or SparkR artifacts.
It would be good practice to include this in a convenience binary. I'm not
sure if it's strictly mandatory, but something to adjust in any event. I
think that's all there is to do for SparkR. For Pyspark, which packages a
bunch of dependencies, it does include the licenses (good) but I think it
should include the NOTICE file.

This is the first time I recall getting 0 test failures off the bat!
I'm using Java 8 / Ubuntu 16 and yarn/hive/hadoop-2.7 profiles.

I think I'd +1 this therefore unless someone knows that the license issue
above is real and a blocker.