I think Rostyslav is using a DFS which logs at warn/error if you try to delete
a directory that isn't there, so is seeing warning messages that nobody else
does

Rostyslav —like I said, i'd be curious as to which DFS/object store you are
working with, as it is behaving slightly differently from everyone else's.

It sounds like I may need to have a quick chat with them about the merits of
running all the Hadoop FS specification tests, if they aren't already.
Something like a warning printed on delete(nonexistent path) hints that there
may be other differences, which makes me worry about what their rename() does.
That's the thing that atomic and speculative work depends on, so everyone needs
to understand what's expected there.

On 14 Jan 2017, at 19:42, Marcelo Vanzin