Hello,

My name is Gabriel Cristache and I am a student in my final year of a
Computer Engineering/Science University. I want for my Bachelor Thesis to
add support for dynamic scaling to a spark streaming application.

*The goal of the project is to develop an algorithm that automatically
scales the cluster up and down based on the volume of data processed by the
application.*

*You will need to balance between quick reaction to traffic spikes (scale
up) and avoiding wasted resources (scale down) by implementing something
along the lines of a PID algorithm.*

 Do you think this is feasible? And if so are there any hints that you
could give me that would help my objective?

Thanks,

Gabriel Cristache