IIRC, the new "spark.sql.hive.caseSensitiveInferenceMode" stuff will only
scan all table files only once, and write back the inferred schema to
metastore so that we don't need to do the schema inference again.

So technically this will introduce a performance regression for the first
query, but compared to branch-2.0, it's not performance regression. And
this patch fixed a regression in branch-2.1, which can run in branch-2.0.
Personally, I think we should keep INFER_AND_SAVE as the default mode.

+ [Eric], what do you think?