@Ryan yes you're speaking about the non-version-specific docs, and I agree
there seems to be no particular reason not to update those continuously. (I
also don't know how that relates to the doc release policy.) But it's not
quite the issue here.

@Matei I agree with you, except you seem to say it's completely fine, and
not fine, to update the website docs. If you mean "technically permissible"
and then "not a good idea", I agree. The release policy is probably
construed to pertain to signed and delivered source/doc artifacts.

It's a moot point for 2.2. If we're more importantly in agreement that we
ought to get docs for release X done with release X in principle, that's
good.