Say you’re working on something and you want to rerun the PySpark tests,
focusing on a specific test or group of tests. Is there a way to do that?

I know that you can test entire modules with this:

./python/run-tests --modules pyspark-sql

But I’m looking for something more granular, like pytest’s -k option.

On that note, does anyone else think it would be valuable to use a test
runner like pytest to run our Python tests? The biggest benefits would be
the use of fixtures <https://docs.pytest.org/en/latest/fixture.html>, and
more flexibility on test running and reporting. Just wondering if we’ve
already considered this.

Nick
​