I'm working on updating to Scala 2.12, and, have hit a compile error in
Scala 2.12 that I'm strugging to design a fix to (that doesn't modify the
API significantly). If you "./dev/change-scala-version.sh 2.12" and
compile, you'll see errors like...

[error]
/Users/srowen/Documents/Cloudera/spark/core/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/FileSuite.scala:100:
could not find implicit value for parameter kcf: () =>
org.apache.spark.WritableConverter[org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable]
[error] Error occurred in an application involving default arguments.
[error]     val output = sc.sequenceFile[IntWritable, Text](outputDir)

Clearly implicit resolution changed a little bit in 2.12 somehow. I
actually don't recall seeing this error before, so might be somehow related
to 2.12.3, but not sure.

As you can see the implicits that have always existed and been imported and
should apply here don't seem to be found.

If anyone is a Scala expert and could glance at this, you might help save
me a lot of puzzling.