> input data requirement

Clustering and sorting within partitions are a good start. We can always
add more later when they are needed.

The primary use case I'm thinking of for this is partitioning and
bucketing. If I'm implementing a partitioned table format, I need to tell
Spark to cluster by my partition columns. Should there also be a way to
pass those columns separately, since they may not be stored in the same way
like partitions are in the current format?

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer