Thank you for the info, is there a way to get all keys of JSON, so that i
can create a dataframe with json keys, as below,

  fieldsDataframe.withColumn("data" ,
functions.get_json_object($"RecordString", "$.id"))   this is for appending
a single column in dataframe with id key.
I would like to automate this process for all keys in the JSON, as i am
going to get dynamically generated JSON schema.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 4:37 PM, ayan guha <guha.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 11:37 am, ayan guha <guha.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can use get_json function
>>
>> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 at 10:39 am, satyajit vegesna <
>> satyajit.apas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Does spark support automatic detection of schema from a json string in a
>>> dataframe.
>>>
>>> I am trying to parse a json string and do some transofrmations on to it
>>> (would like append new columns to the dataframe) , from the data i stream
>>> from kafka.
>>>
>>> But i am not very sure, how i can parse the json in structured
>>> streaming. And i would not be interested in creating a schema, as the data
>>> form kafka is going to maintain different schema objects in value column.
>>>
>>> Any advice or help would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Satyajit.
>>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,