> Sorry, but what are those again? So far all the benefits are already
> provided by spark-submit...

1. Retries of init-containers are automatically supported by k8s through
pod restart policies. For this point, sorry I'm not sure how spark-submit
achieves this.
2. The ability to use credentials that are not shared with the main
containers.
3. Not only the user code, but Spark internal code like Executor won't be
run if the init-container fails.
4. Easier to build tooling around k8s events/status of the init-container
in case of failures as it's doing exactly one thing: downloading
dependencies.

There could be others that I'm not aware of.