From: Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com>
Date: Monday, February 5, 2018 at 12:46 PM
To: Dong Jiang <dji...@dataxu.com>
Cc: Spark Dev List <dev@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Corrupt parquet file

If you can still access the logs, then you should be able to find where the
write task ran. Maybe you can get an instance ID and open a ticket with Amazon.
Otherwise, it will probably start failing the HW checks when the instance
hardware is reused, so I wouldn't worry about it.

The _SUCCESS file convention means that the job ran successfully, at least to
the point where _SUCCESS is created. I wouldn't rely on _SUCCESS to indicate
actual job success (you could do other tasks after that fail) and it carries no
guarantee about the data that was written.

rb

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Dong Jiang