Hi, Ryan,

Thank you for bringing it up. Since it is in the RC4 already, we only can
accept the regression fixes in the 2.3 branch. This is also the strategy in
the previous Spark releases.

Data source APIs V2 is newly introduced in this release. In this stage, we
are unable to accept any change in data source APIs V2. We have to stop
adding new features/changes into the to-be-released branches. Sorry for
that.

Thanks,

Xiao