I have sha512sum on my Mac via Homebrew, but yeah as long as the format is
the same I suppose it doesn’t matter if we use shasum -a or sha512sum.

So shall I file a JIRA + PR for this? Or should I leave the PR to a
maintainer? And are we OK with updating all the existing release hashes to
use the new format, or do we only want to do this for new releases?
​