Ok this is not much detail, but you are probably best off if you migrate them
to SparkSQL.

Depends also on the Hive version and Spark version. If you have a recent one
with TEZ+llap I would not expect so much difference. It can be also less
performant -Spark SQL got only recently some features suchst cost based
optimizer.

> On 5. Apr 2018, at 08:02, Pralabh Kumar <pralabhku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have lot of ETL jobs (complex ones) , since they are SLA critical , I am
> planning them to migrate to spark.
>
>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You need to provide more context on what you do currently in Hive and what
>> do you expect from the migration.
>>
>>> On 5. Apr 2018, at 05:43, Pralabh Kumar <pralabhku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Spark group
>>>
>>> What's the best way to Migrate Hive to Spark
>>>
>>> 1) Use HiveContext of Spark
>>> 2) Use Hive on Spark
>>> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Hive+on+Spark%3A+Getting+Started)