Hello list,

I am sorry for sending this message here, but I could not manage to get any
response in “users”. For specific purposes I would like to isolate 1 partition
of the RDD and perform computations only to this.

For instance, suppose that a user asks Spark to create 500 partitions for the
RDD. I would like Spark to create the partitions but perform computations only
in one partition from those 500 ignoring the other 499.

At first I tried to modify executor in order to run only 1 partition (task) but
I didn’t manage to make it work. Then I tried the DAG Scheduler but I think
that I should modify the code in a higher level and let Spark make the
partitioning but at the end see only one partition and throw throw away all the
others.

My question is which file should I modify in order to achieve isolating 1
partition of the RDD? Where does the actual partitioning is made?

I hope it is clear!

Thank you very much,
Thodoris