That’s correct. I probably would have done better to title this thread
something like “How to effectively track and release persisted DataFrames”.

I jumped the gun in my initial email by referencing getPersistentRDDs() as
a potential solution, but in theory the desired API is something like
spark.unpersistAllExcept([list
of DataFrames or RDDs]). This seems awkward, but I suspect the underlying
use case is common.

An alternative or complementary approach, perhaps, would be to allow
persistence (and perhaps even checkpointing) to be explicitly scoped
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-16921>. I think in some
circles this is called “Scope-based Resource Management” or “Resource
acquisition is initialization” (RAII). It would make it a lot easier to
track and release DataFrames or RDDs when they are no longer needed in
cache.

Nick

2018년 5월 8일 (화) 오후 1:32, Mark Hamstra <m...@clearstorydata.com>님이 작성:

If I am understanding you correctly, you're just saying that the problem is