For #1 is system requirements not honored?

For #2 it looks like Oracle JDK?

________________________________
From: Shivaram Venkataraman <shiva...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:17:52 PM
To: dev
Cc: Felix Cheung
Subject: Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission SparkR 2.3.1

Corresponding to the Spark 2.3.1 release, I submitted the SparkR build
to CRAN yesterday. Unfortunately it looks like there are a couple of
issues (full message from CRAN is forwarded below)

1. There are some builds started with Java 10
(http://home.apache.org/~shivaram/SparkR_2.3.1_check_results/Debian/00check.log)
which are right now counted as test failures. I wonder if we should
somehow mark them as skipped ? I can ping the CRAN team about this.

2. There is another issue with Java version parsing which
unfortunately affects even Java 8 builds. I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-24535 to track this.

Thanks
Shivaram