I think you could do something approsimately like:

     val keys = rdd.map(_.getKey).distinct.zipWithIndex
     val numKey = keys.map(_._2).count
     rdd.map(r => (r.getKey, r)).join(keys).partitionBy(new Partitioner()
{def numPartitions=numKeys;def getPartition(key: Any) =
key.asInstanceOf[Long].toInt})

i.e., key by a unique number, count that, and repartition by key to the
exact count.  This presumes, of course, that the number of keys is <MAXINT.

Also, I haven't tested this code, so don't take it as anything more than an
approximate idea, please :-)

                     -Nathan Kronenfeld