Yep, that's right. There were a bunch of things that were removed from
those scripts that made it tricky to build 2.1 (like Scala 2.10
support). I think it's good to keep the scripts working for older
releases since that allows is to fix things / add features to them
without having to backport to older branches.

Marcelo