Hey,

thanks for clearning that up.
Imho this is somewhat unfortunate, because package names that contain "spark", somewhat promote and advertise Apache Spark, right?

Best,
Simon

Am 15.08.18 um 14:00 schrieb Sean Owen:
You raise a great point, and we were just discussing this. The page is old and contains many projects that were listed before the trademarks we're being enforced. Some have renamed themselves. We will update the page and remove stale or noncompliant projects and ask those that need to change to do so.

You are correct that the guidance you quote is current and should be followed.

Note there is an exception for software identifiers.